The word kinesiology comes from the Greek words "kinesis" (movement) and "logos" (study). Kinesiology, or the science of movement, is based on the principles of anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, and movement learning. It uses movement and physical activity for both prevention and treatment.
A kinesiologist is a health professional who has a university degree and aims to improve or optimize the health of individuals through exercise and physical activity.
How can kinesiology help you?
- Get a fitness assessment
- Assessment of risk factors related to health
- Tips for a healthy and active lifestyle
- Establish a training program adapted to a particular condition (ex: diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, etc.)
- Establish a workout program to help with weight loss or increased muscle mass
- Prescription of exercises specific to injury, illness, or chronic pain, with the intention of improving posture
- Reduce stress and improve mental health
A kinesiologist works with other health professionals, including doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, physiotherapists, and osteopaths, to determine the best course of action based on your current state of health and fitness.
Our kinesiologists will first conduct a comprehensive review of the reasons for consultation, your medical history, and your health risk factors. They will ask you about your concerns, your experiences, and your preferences for physical activity.
They will evaluate your physical condition, starting with your posture, followed by a muscle, joint, and cardiovascular assessment if necessary. You will then draw up a list of objectives and decide together on a concrete action plan to achieve them.
Based on your expectations, our kinesiologists will then provide their best recommendations by means of personalized exercises adapted to your condition. They will accompany you in the execution of these exercises to ensure optimal postural alignment. This will eliminate the risk of injury and help you reach your full potential.